This Craftsman Bungalow was built by Charles C. Buford Sr. (1882-1966) in 1919. The Buford family lived here from 1919 until 1933, when the house was purchased by Edgar W. Francisco Jr. (1897-1966). Francisco owned the house for eleven years, before selling it to Howard V. Woods and his wife Nell in 1944. The Woods family lived here for 44 years, from 1944 until 1978, when they sold the house to Dr. Robert David Childers. Dr. Childers and his wife Dr. Sheri Childers raised their three daughters in the house before selling the home in 1990 to Annie R. Jones. After five years, the house was bought by Scott Robinson. The house was owned by Scott Robinson from 1995 until 2001, by Benjamin W. Smith Jr. from 2001 until 2004, and by Lisa L. Cole from 2004 until 2015. The current owners, Roger and Patricia Jenkins, have owned the house since 2015.
The Buford House is a one-and-a-half-story flanking-gable frame Craftsman Bungalow, with a five-bay shed roof porch supported by square posts. The house has a prominent three-bay shed roof dormer window.