Hill Crest Cemetery, one of the great historic cemeteries of north Mississippi, contains the graves of many of the most important figures in the history of Holly Springs.
The Gray-Lucas House was built in the Italianate style in about 1872.
The Compress Office, built in about 1910, was used as the main office for the nearby Federal Compress for many decades, but was demolished in 2016.
The Sailer House was built in 1859 by Israel Sailer and exhibits Sailer’s trademark scored stuccoed walls.
The Govan-Herr House, built in 1856, is an example of an early vernacular folk cottage, with a later Victorian addition.
The E. Wright House, one of the best examples of the Craftsman style in Holly Springs, was built in 1920.
The Mitchell House, a Greek Revival home built in 1854, was located on Chulahoma Avenue before it was destroyed in 1940.
West Hill is an Italianate cottage built by Absalom West in about 1875.
The Benton County Courthouse was built in 1873 as the centerpiece of Ashland and Benton County.
Ashland, founded in 1871, is the county seat for Benton County, and was the successor to Old Salem, destroyed during the Civil War.