Oak Home was built in 1857 by Judge William H. Kilpatrick (1820-1886). Judge Kilpatrick was born in Tennessee but migrated to Mississippi as a young boy. He graduated law school and began his law practice in Rankin County, before moving to Corinth in 1855. After the outbreak of the Civil War, Judge Kilpatrick organized the Corinth Rifle Company and led the Company in many engagements throughout the Western Theater. After the Civil War, Kilpatrick served as a Judge in the 1870s, and as Mayor of Corinth during the 1880s. Oak Home was constructed by local architect Tom Chesney.
During the early years of the Civil War, Confederate General Leonidas Polk used the house as his headquarters. After the Confederate defeat at the Battle of Corinth, Union General Pleasanton occupied the house. After the end of the Civil War, Judge Kilpatrick sold the house in 1866 to the widow of Thomas Quincy Martin Sr. (1817-1862). The wings and garage were added to the house in 1930 by A. K. and Mary Martin Weaver. For the past five generations the house has been owned by the Williams family.
Oak Home is a Greek Revival one-story five-bay frame house with a hip-roof. There is a boxed cornice line and a full entablature. A tetrastyle pedimented portico is supported by Doric columns. The front door is surrounded by transom and sidelights.