McCrosky Place was built in 1841 by Robert A. McWilliams, a Confederate veteran of the Civil War. The McWilliams lived here until 1886, when the house was sold to Alexander B. McCrosky (1851-1897) and his family. The McCroskys lived here for exactly 100 years, finally selling the house to David Grogan in 1986. After owning the house for three years, Grogan sold the house in 1989 to Nancy Steadman, who married Lloyd McDougal. The McDougals still live in McCrosky Place today.
McCrosky Place is a Greek Revival two-story flanking-gable frame house, with a two-story pedimented portico supported by Tuscan piers. There is a single bay balcony above the entrance, which is framed by sidelight windows. The main entrance has its own sidelights as well.