This Craftsman was built in 1920 by Edward Clyde Wright (1883-1967) and his wife Laurie E. Wright (1890-1940). The Wrights lived here for over a decade, until they sold the house to their daughter, Lucile Wright Irby Smith (1914-2014) in 1934. In 1945, the house was sold to Ivy Reynolds, who lived here until 1963. Ottis Clayton owned the home from 1963 until 1995. After 1995 the house was owned by a succession of owners over the next 10 years, including John and Kathryn Glass (1995-1998), Westly and Kathleen Callicutt (1998-2001), and Michael and Jacqueline Kazemba (2001-2002). Between 2002 and 2013 it was owned by the Stroupe family, and was most recently purchased in 2013 by Michael Seale.
The E. Wright House is one of the best examples of a Craftsman Bungalow in Holly Springs. It is a one-and-a-half-story multi-gable-on-hip brick house, with prominent gable-front ells and a single-bay porch. The house is finished with stucco and has half-timber details and exposed rafters.