The Old North Mississippi Hospital was built in 1941, on the spot of the old Watson House (part of the original Mississippi Synodical College). It was the first hospital in Marshall County, and served Marshall, Desoto and Tate Counties. In 1966, the Hospital was renamed the Marshall County Hospital, and began to serve Marshall County alone. Many hundreds of people were born and died in this Hospital over its twenty year existence.
In 1972 the Hospital closed, and the Marshall County Department of Human Services opened a child services and welfare office in the old hospital. The Department of Human Services continues to use the building today The building has been renamed the Marshall County Office Building.
The Old North Mississippi Hospital is a single-story flat-roof building, with a single-bay bevelled corner entrance finished with Art Moderne detailing.