The Warren House was built in 1929 by James Buchanan Warren (1870-1941) and his wife Ethel Knight Warren (1884-1969). For many years, this was the home of their son, Charles F. Warren (1916-1992). The Warren family continued to own the house until 2015, when it was sold to David and Myrtis McElreath.
This house is identical to several other Craftsman-type houses throughout Holly Springs, all financed and built by James Warren just prior to the Great Depression. The house is also identical to the other Warren House, located just behind this house on Market Street. It has several Craftsman architectural elements, including a dormer, overhanging eaves, and a two-bay porch supported by turned posts, but it is much more simple than other Craftsman houses.